After all this time, I am happy to say my stained glass project is finally finished! It took longer than expected, since I created my own design. Many pieces had to be recut in order to fit correctly. Not only that, but the stained glass supplier has been closed due to the current situation and I was not able to purchase fresh foil and solder. I made an order at the beginning of April and patiently waited for my delivery but by the end of April and no delivery, I cancelled the order. The Hobby Lobby stores are all closed as well, so that was a no go for purchasing fresh supplies. I ran out of solder just as I was almost finished, and luckily had saved a bunch of solder bits from the last time I created a piece. It was just enough to finish this project!
Here’s where I left off when last I posted about the project. The pieces are all cut and ready to be foiled in this image:
Here’s the finished project as seen through a window:
And this is where the stained glass art piece now lives, in my greenhouse. I like it so much even though there are some mistakes, like the sun ray line being a bit off in the second panel. The piece adds a bit of whimsy to an already happy place. It was a lot of work but well worth the effort!
Below is a short video of the foiling process. I apologize for forgetting to show you the soldering process. I will try to remember to share that next time I make a bit of stained glass art.
Thanks for stopping by! Until we meet again, much Love ~ Rhonda